- Initial Evaluations
- Mood Affective Disorders
- Psychotic Affective Disorders
- Substance Dependence
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- Other services are offered on a case by case basis
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)*
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)**
* TMS is a therapeutic treatment procedure offered in our office that utilizes magnetic fields to stimulate nerve cells in the brain to improve symptoms of depression. TMS can be particularly helpful in cases of Treatment Resistant Depression.
** ECT is a treatment in which electric currents are passed through the brain, intentionally triggering a brief seizure. ECT causes changes in the brain chemistry that can quickly reverse symptoms of certain medical illnesses. All ECT treatments are administered by Dr. Pamadurthi himself who strictly monitors the patient’s brain and vital signs during each procedure. ECT treatments are currently performed as an inpatient or outpatient procedure located at Methodist Richardson Medical Center Campus for Continuing Care.
Your provider will evaluate each patient’s specific needs to determine whether one of these treatments may be beneficial to the patient.